Funding For 2 year olds

For a child to get free early education and childcare, you must be getting one of the following: 

  • Income Support 
  • Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) 
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) 
  • Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 
  • Tax credits and have an annual income of no more than £16,190 before tax. o Universal Credit and have an annual income of no more than £15,400 after tax. 
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit 
  • The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit) 

Children are also entitled to a free place if: 

  • They are looked after by a local authority 
  • They have a current statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or an Education Health and Care Plan 
  • They get Disability Living Allowance 
  • They have left the care of the local authority under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order which specifies with whom the child lives or an adoption order